_

_

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Rest and recovery week.

The strain of the last few weeks, finally started to affect my legs. I did a 13km run on Wednesday, but could not run anything after that. I had to rest completely for the next few days. But, there was no way I could not run on Sunday as my Sunday is not complete without it.

I did a easy paced 12km run in about 1hr 20minutes. Legs were not feeling too good, during the run, but completed the run quite comfortably. 13km runs now feel like walk in the park, with or without injury/strain!!

I also immediately bought myself a new pair of shoes, this time went in for Reebok DMX road running shoes, instead of my regular Adidas Nova (as it was out of stock). So that should provide additional cushioning for my future runs and help me both for the Ultra and the following Mumbai marathon.

I will need to take extra care during the next two weeks, before the ultra marathon. I will need to run, but don't think i will do more than 13km at a time. I hope my legs recover quickly, as I need to break into my new shoes before the ultra. So some interesting days in store for me.

4 comments:

gopi said...

hi girish,

this I think is just a temporary obstacle. Even I experienced it before my race,I rested well and as a result performed well at the race.

You should be recovering soon and get back to training. Even I'm making arrangements for the B'lore ultra.Hope, we will have a great time there.

Happy running.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girish, Here is wishing you all the best and best of luck for your Bangalore Ultra Marathon. Keep up the practice runs as you are doing with care and hope you do fit into your busy routine the eating at regular times all balanced foods especially proteins and that will go a long way.

@GirishMallya said...

Thanks Gopi. Nice to hear that you are participating for the Blore ultra.
Its going to be a memorable run, hope they organise it well.
Enjoy.

@GirishMallya said...

Thanks SAK. Hope to have a great run next Sunday.