_

_

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Rain, Rain all around....

I did manage to do my first weekday run today. Thanks to the rains I got home early today from work and was able to manage my run. I had some good well deserved rest late afternoon, so that I would be fresh in the night for the semies. I had to walk for about 4-5kms in the afternoon, to get home from work and used this time to capture some interesting pictures on my mobcam. I have found a software which allows me to transfer pictures from my mobile to my email address, via gprs, but that is giving some trouble so could not do it immediately today. I should be able to upload them from work tomorrow. It will give you a good idea about the water logging problem and its impact on traffic and lives of people.
I do feel that Bombay over reacted today, by shutting down offices by noon and plus the fact that 40% of office goer did not even dare to venture out of their homes. And the way the weather is behaving, tomorrow is also likely to see equally heavy rains.
Coming back to my run today, it was one of the most enjoyable, fun and relaxed night runs I have had in a very long time. Its a pleasure running without the fear of stray dogs! I happened to see just one stray dog during my run today v/s about dozen plus during a usual mid-night run. I hope to repeat my run tomorrow as well before the second semies.
Am looking forward to Germany beating Italy today and following it up with winning the finals on July 9!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever been biten by a stray dog while running? I have a pathological fear of dogs so am interested...

@GirishMallya said...

Not yet, and hope I can keep it that way. I don't really have fear of dogs and absolutely understand and am sympathetic to the way stary dogs behave, in the fashion that they do. Most of them have been abused and attacked, and it is their self-defence mechanism which makes them behave in a violent manner.