_

_

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Smashing week...

Everything went as per plan, I start early, maybe not as early as I would have liked but 7.15am on a Sunday morning is not bad at all. I comfortably managed a run of little under 20km, in 1hr 54min. So that takes my weekly tally to 45km, now the only thing that needs to be done, is to maintain it.

Today's run again had something very interesting, after the first 12km on the roads and it was 7.5kms around Shivaji Park (which has a brick track and decent amount of shade, which makes things bearable, plus a 1.25km perimeter), but today I had a very entertaining time watching the practice parade (with the Police, Firemen, State reserve police, traffic cops.... all turned out in the best outfit, marching in amazing coordination) during my run, as the uniformed personnel prepared for the May 1 parade (which is Maharashtra day), sort of a mini Republic day parade at the same venue, for State Govt. forces. Hope to catch some of the actual parade on Tuesday, May 1 (its a holiday!!) during my run and will top it off with a swim later in the morning. The long awaited swim should happen on Tuesday now, hopefully no new hurdles should come up this time!!

4 comments:

beanz said...

it does help the miles pass to have somehting to watch

is the 'brick track' made of brick chippings or big solid bricks?

@GirishMallya said...

It took me sometime to get that. Its not really the traditional brick, its more like a concrete brick, not really very good for the legs (but I guess its a little better than concrete roads, as these are interlocable small concrete building blocks (I call it brick) placed on a river sand base. I hope that gives you a good idea.

Just hoping to continue doing a 45-50km week consistently.

Anonymous said...

aint u facing problem of increased heat?

@GirishMallya said...

Heat, whatz that?
The only thing that differentiates a serious runner from just another runner is the ablity to adapt to changing conditions!!!
Profound.....