_

_

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Three day workout...

I could not have asked for anything better. A hill station (though the weather was anything but pleasent during the day, but it was amazing in the mornings (incl. mist on the last day), mud track (actually roads), zero vehicles, tons of greenary, place where one could actually hear churping birds, helpful locals......

I ran on all three days and did about 6kms on each of the three days in a little over 30minutes each. The terrain had lotsa climbs, which was strenous and fun at the same time. I was able to couple it with a 15-20minute swim twice a day, which was refreshing after the run and also helped beat the afternoon heat with a swim in the evening. Perfect cross training. Plus swiming seems the best to train for high altitude running, though I have no scientific reason to believe it. I only wish I had a pool close to my house, but after this experience I am seriously considering a visit to the pool after my run on Sundays, as that is the only day I can manage to travel the distance, though it will be difficult to sustain it.

No comments: