_

_

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I did manage to run the planned 30+kms last week and also ran 5 days during the week. The four weekday runs of about 6kms each were similar with a consistent time of 32-32 1/2mins. But the best part was the Sunday run, it was one of the toughest ones I have done till date, it was on a day when it poured 250mm in Bombay (if I am not wrong the highest for this season!), so it was raining throughout the 12kms (well almost the entire day), it was raining very hard throughout the run, plus there was waterlogging in certain sections of the route, the traffic was so slow and sparse that I was running in the middle of the roads at certain streches to avoid running through accumulated water. I only wish I could have clicked some pictures on the way, only if the rain had taken a short break during my run. I hope to continue the effort again this week, starting off with today.
Its been raining, actually pouring continuously for the past three days, hope today is better, most part of Maharashtra (Bombay is the capital of the state) are flooded and the river levels of most rivers is above the danger level, and according to latest reports,the floods/heavy rains have now reached Gujarat.

No comments: