_

_

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Registration of Hutch Delhi half marathon 2006

I have decided to register for the Delhi Hutch half marathon. It takes place on October 15, 2006. Not sure if I will end up running for it, but decided to register for it anyways, to avoid disappointment later. The only problem with participating in it, is that its a little too close to the Singapore marathon (45days before), and even if I decide to run in the Delhi half marathon, I will not be able to push myself as there are chances of picking up injuries. I am already facing a small shin problem after the Thane one, so will not be taking any chances before the Singapore one. But running in more number of competitive races help prepare better and improve ones confidence and timings.

Race details
You can register online - http://reg.hdhm.indiatimes.com/marathon/marathon.jsp
The Half marathon starts at 7.30am on Sunday October 15, 2006.
You can collect your race bib and chip from October 11-14, 2006.
Registrations started on August 10, 2006 and they end on September 15, 2006.

I did manage to run in the evening today, had a good comfortable 6km run. Am looking forward to my Tuesday long run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No excuse now you have signed up! 45 days is plenty to recover. In fact I'd say it's the perfect time for a long run. Just don't push yourself too hard and end up with an injury.

@GirishMallya said...

Thanks, plan to take part in it. Actually 21km+, would be a distance I would be doing almost every Sunday from Septemeber, so should not be much of a problem.