_

_

Friday, June 15, 2007

Down with a injury...

The thigh strain seems to have turned out to be more serious than I thought. I took rest on the first three days of the week, but the strain showed no sign of recovery, actually it was getting worse. I decided it was time to get a doctor to help me out and take the help of anti-biotics (anti-inflammatory medication for muscle tissue damage). The doctor has now put me on a three day course and things are already improving. I will have to restart my running gradually and supplement it with some good muscle strengthening exercises. Can't afford to take any more chances, the GTM marathon is just one month away.

I have not been running all week, might actually go for a short run on Sunday as the recovery seems to be good, but need to take it easy. Its been raining quite regularly for the past 2 days and am looking forward to my first rain run really soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and follow your doctor's advise. I know you are a smart guy so will do the right thing. Keep the big picture in mind - you have to run many more marathons...
-GM

beanz said...

Just don't go back too soon - a day extra rest can make all the difference.

Take care.

@GirishMallya said...

Thanks a lot GM & Beanz. Will take care.

Anonymous said...

Be careful how fast you come back. Problem is if you are like most runners you become more miserable the longer out you are....

@GirishMallya said...

Yes Ian, that is exactly my state, the longer I am out the more difficult it gets. Have to be careful and at the same time have to restart in a gradual manner. Hoping for the best, its a tough trial and error process.