_

_

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Third one done...

I had a good 16km odd run today, did it in a little under 1hr50min. This also included a 1km walk after the 10.5km mark, the humidity was killing. It rained two hours before my run and one hour after my run. But overall was very satisfying, managed to do about 35km or so over the last three days, all this with a set of stiff thighs! Not bad at all.

Am still working on my thighs, hope they get sorted out by the end of the week, will try everything under the sun to get them back to normal. Need it to fall in place, to ensure that I can step up my preparation for the July marathon.

I also picked up a new pair of shoes. This is the first time that I have picked up the same shoe for the second time, Adidas Nova just seems to work for me. Its is also one of the few shoes that does not cause a shoe bite. Have recommended it to a couple of friends, and they seem quite happy with it.

6 comments:

beanz said...

ooh noo shoes!

pleased its going well

@GirishMallya said...

Thanks. I have to make it happen, just one month to go.....

Shruti said...

hey great to knwo your progess..
Keep running and take care of urself from this killing heat.

Anonymous said...

Girish, take care of your legs and do not push your self if the thighs are giving you trouble without first getting it checked out by a sports med doc. You do not want any permanent injuries by pushing yourself too soon. Take the necessary precaution.

-GM

Anonymous said...

Thanks GM. I did not really have a choice, had to get medication from a Doc and am resting now & taking anti-inflammatory medication to solve the muscle tissue damage in the thighs.

@GirishMallya said...

Thanks Shruti. Am managing the heat, but my legs seem to be troubling me. Things should improve on the heat front with the monsoons setting in.