_

_

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Recovery time..

I have not been running for the last few days. Am hoping to use this time to strengthen my leg muscles, to make them stronger and to reduces injuries/aches & pains. Due to running, only certain muscles get used while running and this has to be supplemented with other exercises to strengthen the legs as a whole (esp. cross training!). To correct this I plan to walk about 3 kms a day (1 to 2 splits), sit-ups, climbing of stairs, stretching exercises and some specific leg exercises. Have begun the process and hope to develop a routine over the long weekend.
Will be updating my blog at regular intervals even if I am not able to run. The Sunday runs would continue, as they have become such a big part of the Sunday routine and I just can't do without it. But will restrict it to something like 10kms only.

No comments: