_

_

Friday, April 14, 2006

Weekday long run

Thanks to the holiday I was able to go for my 11km long run on a weekday. As usual I ended up starting late and it took a heavy toll on me, I was drenched within the first half hour & exhaustion set in after the first five kms, so decided to take it a little easy for the next couple of kms and then managed to complete the distance in 1.15hrs. The leg muscles are still not feeling fighting fit post the 10day layoff, need to get back to normal my Sunday. If my legs feel good I hope to run tomm. Morning as well if legs feel good.
What I need to do on a urgent basis, is improve my breathing (ability to take in more oxygen with each breath), by restarting my yoga exercises related to improving lung capacity, plus I also need to get down to some leg strengthening exercising. Can’t afford to avoid both of them!
I have been wanting to post my blog since afternoon, but the MTNL broadband connection is down, so am writing it offline and will post it as and when it’s up. I had a tough time getting hang of their complaint number, tried using two popular tele-information services but both were not working – where have the 24x7 services gone?? And they decided to put the GPRS connection on my mobile to test and guess what after about a few minutes of search on Google and browsing through the MTNL site on my mobile, I was able to locate the complaint number. And to my surprise the toll free number was picked up by a very courteous lady on the second ring. She then put me on to a technician who informed me that the server in my area was down and that it would take about a couple of hours to get it working. I must say the good old government service (both call center & response times), seems to be better than the private call center (helplines/tele-information services). Private telecom and other services better watch out, when the public sector gets going, they would trample all over you!!

No comments: