_

_

Saturday, January 20, 2007

24hrs to go...

I did manage to get to World Trade Center yesterday (the marathon Expo), to collect my race bib and goodie bag. But the marathon Expo was a disappointment and that is an understatement.

The registration process took longer than even last time, and this was when I was the only person in the queue, at that time. But the biggest disappointment was the so called goodie bag which contained a sipper and (the bag) and nothing else, I am sure the orgaisers have been greedy and would have asked for a lot of money from companies which wanted to be a part of the goodie bag initiative. Also the quality of stalls, esp. the official clothes sponsor - Switcher, they had only one marathon t-shirt or mumbai marathon memorabilia, even those that were available were not available in all sizes and the quality of the material used also disappointed. The profile of stalls was more like a consumer fair instead of a sports carnival.

Overall in my opinion, the organisation and the experience was a lot better in the second year compared to the fourth one. So instead of going up the ladder the organisers seem to have gone downhill. Hope this does not extend to the actual marathon.......

I did finally go for a 6km easy run on Friday morning, just to check on my left calf and it seems to have returned back to normal. I am feeling good and am now focusing on just having a good run on Sunday. Will try to give by legs as much rest as possible for Saturday, so that they are fresh for Sunday.

No comments: