_

_

Friday, January 26, 2007

Republic day weekend

Its been quite a few hectic days after the Bombay marathon, but now am enjoying my long awaited break away from Bombay in Vadodara (Baroda). I have not been running all week, first few days I had some really sore muscles and later on I was either traveling or just unable to get enough sleep. I am all refreshed now and hope to go for my first, fresh run tomorrow morning at Kamati Garden in Baroda, this is the most happening parks, its full of fitness enthusiasts who get up early in the morning for a walk/run.

Its always fun running in a new city, as its a welcome change from the usual route, I take on a regular running day. The weather here is quite pleasant, and not cold as I would have liked it to have been, but definitely a lot better than Bombay.

The city has changed a lot since the last time I visited, and that was about a year back. Lotsa malls and new eating joints coming up now, guess the retail boom has finally caught on in tier 2 cities as well (esp. my favorite coffee shops, they seem to have sprung up all over the place!).

I will be taking some interesting pictures in Vadodara and will be posting them on my blog after my return, along with Mumbai marathon pictures. I only wish I had clicked more pictures during the actual race - Mumbai marathon, but I got some good pics pre event, which try to capture the spirit and scale of the marathon.

No comments: