_

_

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lightening strikes!

I had a good run on Saturday, did my regular distance in good time. The only problem was that it was only the second run of the week. Managing my running schedule with football viewing has been a tough challenge and its only going to get tougher next week with the knockout stage at its peak.
Its starting to rain almost everyday, but there has been more thunder and lightening than rain during this week. One girl in Bombay even lost her life during to lightening along with many more in the state (and she was carrying about half a dozen mobile phones, as her friends had gone for a dip at one of the local beaches). Pretty scary thought, trying to dodge lightening in addition to dogs at night! As a precaution I plan to carry my mobile phone in the switched off mode during my mid night runs (have lost faith in the one in a million probability of being struck by lightening!!). Plan to do many more of my mid night runs during the world cup next week.

No comments: